In 2015, the National Church adopted a new governance structure that included provisions to reduce the size of national conventions. Each synod was tasked with the responsibility of determining how it would elect its delegates.
For the deligate’s job description, approved by National Church Council, March 1, 2018, click here: Job Description for Delegates to National Convention
To read about the ABT Synod process for electing delegates to the National convention, click here: ABT-Nomination-and-Election-of-Delegates.National-Convention-May 2018
This is a two-part process:
Part One – complete the Delegate Nomination form found here: 2019 National Convention – Delegate nominee form
- Download and save the nominating form to your computer.
- print the form, fill out with applicable signatures and date, then mail to the Synod office. (10014 – 81 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1W8)
- you may also scan and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All nominations for the position of National Convention Delegate must be received in the Synod office by April 14, 2018.
- There will be no nominations from the floor for delegates to national convention during the synod convention.
Part Two – complete the Delegate Biographical Information form found here: 2019 National Convention – Delegate Biographical Information Form
- Once a person has been nominated to be a National Convention delegate for the ABT Synod, they must fill out their biographical information for use at the Synod convention.
- All biographies must be received in the Synod office by May 1, 2018