All members of Northern Area ELCIC Congregations are invited to gather together to worship, read the Word, pray, and have conversations, as well as enjoy good food and fellowship. Bring a car load from your congregation to share your stories and celebrations, to connect with others in your Area, and share your Mission in Ministry. All are welcome!
There is no fee to attend however, your congregation will still receive an invoice for your yearly Area Membership fee. Pastors/Council Chairs, please contact Pastor Phil Penrod at email@example.com for more information about this, and where to send payment. Do not mail your fee to the Synod office.
To register for the Area Gathering, please click here: Northern Area Gathering Registration
A freewill offering will be collected to help cover coffee breaks and meal costs.
- 5:30 pm: Registration and Light Supper (until 6:30 pm)
- 7:00 pm: Gathering; In Song, with Remembrance of Baptism and Prayer
- 7:15 pm: Bishop’s Time
- 8:00 pm: Closing Prayer/Fellowship
- 8:15 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am: Gathering in Song and Worship including Dwelling in the Word
- 10:00 am: Video from Synod Convention
- 10:15 am: Body Break
- 10:45 am: Directed Conversation/Listening Exercise
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm: Area Focus
- 2:15 pm: Body Break
- 2:30 pm: Closing Eucharist and Sending
Offerings taken during worship will be collected and divided, with half designated for a local ministry (to be decided by the Area Leadership Team), and half for the Bishop’s Discretionary Fund.
REPORTS TO AREA GATHERINGS 2018
For more information about your area gathering, contact: Dean Trish Schmermund – firstname.lastname@example.org