The Synod of Alberta and the Territories of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant, beginning October 15, 2018.
Primary duties this person will be responsible for:
- initial contact with people whether by phone, e-mail or in person,
- welcoming visitors to the Synod office,
- management of correspondence,
- maintaining Synod website and database,
- scheduling appointments and maintaining Bishop’s calendar,
- coordinating meetings, and other related tasks as required.
The successful candidate will:
- be self-motivated and willing to take initiative;
- be skilled in organizational and priority planning;
- be computer literate in Word, Excel and Publisher, with a willingness to learn new programs as needed;
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- have the ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- be able to maintain absolute confidentiality;
- maintain a neat personal appearance and work area, appropriate to the Office of the Bishop.
This is a part-time (0.8 fte – 32 hours) position, and includes full participation in the ELCIC Pension Plan, full health and dental coverage after 3 months of employment, and two weeks of vacation annually. There will be a 3-month probationary period. A Criminal Record check will be required to be obtained (and paid for) by the successful candidate.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a full job description, click here: Administrative Assistant Job Description Sept 2018
For a job application form, click here: ABT Synod Admin Assistant Job Application Form
Application deadline is October 8, 2018.