Check here for Synod events and celebrations information.
There is no cost to attend any of these dinners, however we ask that you please RSVP by filling out the online form: Ponder Anew Dinner RSVP form;
phoning Joe Stolee at 403.478.9684 or emailing Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 28, 2017, 6:00 pm – Heritage Inn, Brooks – poster: Brooks dinner
- June 10, 2017, 6:00 pm- Radisson Hotel, Red Deer – poster: Red Deer dinner
- June 11, 2017, 6:00 pm – Polish Hall Banquet & Conference Center, Edmonton – poster: Edmonton dinner
- June 24, 2017, 6:00 pm – Ambrose University (Airhart Theatre), Calgary – poster: Calgary dinner
- June 25, 2017, 6:00 pm – Messiah Lutheran, Camrose – poster: Camrose Dinner
Hosted by the Synod of Alberta and the Territories of the ELCIC, in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the Ordination of Women, this educational conference for Rostered Women Ministers (Ordained and Diaconal only) will feature the book, “She” by The Rev. Dr. Karoline Lewis.
“Women in ministry experience unique challenges in their church settings which continue to hinder their vocational, professional, and personal success. “She” provides theoretical, theological, and practical frameworks and strategies for flourishing as a woman in ministry and engages critical reflection on the practice of ministry in light of current feminist theory, biblical interpretation, and experience.”
Learn how to host learning conversations, about how women in ministry make a difference in our understanding of leadership in the church, in your own context.
“We are not all the same. The time has come for us to honestly name the ways we are different and similar so that we can serve together in unity, grace and trust.
Conference Cost: $230.00 (CAD) until April 30 / $280.00 (CAD) after April 30. Payment may be made by cheque or credit card and must be received in the Synod office by May 10. There will be no refunds after May 15; any refunds requested prior to May 15th will be issued in Canadian dollars.
Registration is now closed.
For a pdf of the complete information package, click here: Proclaiming Good News information sheet
Your registration fee includes Monday supper and Tuesday lunch at the FCJ Centre; all other meals are on your own. If you have allergies of which we need to be aware, please indicate them on the registration form. The FCJ Centre will make every effort to accommodate your needs, however there will be no reduction in the registration fee if you choose to eat elsewhere.
The FCJ Center is most convenient to the Calgary International Airport (YYC), a 30-minute drive away. Participants are responsible for securing transportation from the airport to the FJC Center. For those commuting by car, there is on-site parking behind the Centre.
Accommodations are not included in the conference fee and must be arranged by each participant.
- FCJ Centre – Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. Email email@example.com, and use group code: Proclaiming Good News, May 29-31. Single: $72 per night, Double shared: $50 per person per night ($100/room). There are a variety of room configurations with and without ensuites. Please clarify when booking with the FCJ Centre. Additional meals are available for live-ins – Breakfast: $13, Lunch: $14, Supper: $16 and must be paid directly to the FCJ Centre.
- Holiday Inn – 4206 Macleod Trail, Calgary – 2 Queen beds $129 plus taxes, includes breakfast for two. A block of rooms will be held until April 28, 2017.
Reservations can be made by phoning the Holiday Inn directly at 403-287-2700 using group code ‘AOD’.
This event is eligible for the use of CEP funds in the ELCIC.
If paying by cheque, make cheque out to Alberta Synod, ELCIC
and mail to:
Synod of Alberta and the Territories,
10014-81 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 1W8,
memo line: She: Proclaiming Good News
LIBERATED BY GOD’S GRACE – Common Prayer Services
A Reformation Commemoration service prepared by the Roman Catholic Church and the Lutheran World Federation
Sunday, October 29, 2017
Location to be Determined, Calgary
with Bishop Larry Kochendorfer
(details to follow)
Monday, October 30, 2017
All Saints Anglican Cathedral, Edmonton
with Archbishop Richard Smith
and Bishop Larry Kochendorfer